Рекомендуемые сообщения

• Ответы 65
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Лучшие авторы в этой теме

Загружено фотографий

Thank you, Bluesman.

To synchronize videos, I crop (cut) one video segment to match the other. This is done with editing software. Both videos are captured at the same speed (and I also slow them to the same speed for slow-motion video). So, I only need to synchronize once.

Another hint while at it: Why not show us what it sounded like before and after the operation..... ;)

I think I have a good example for you.

Listen to Ed shoot a Matador without the depinger:

That ringing sound is what the "depinger" removes.

The hammer striking the valve still makes a tiny "ping", but it is very small (only 5% as much as the original "ping" sound).

Many Russian fellas have emailed me saying that this is a stupid idea, because you waste too much space in the air tube. It is true that I lose about 2 shots due to the depinger taking up space. To me, the reduction of the sound is worth the trade of the two shots. It is a choice we all must make. I simply show you how to do it. I do not say "my way is best". :smex:

Ted

Ted,

From Lanzarote this time: Again great stuff from your side. I cant wait to try to experiment a little myself. I have now secured my CASIO EX-CF150 (from tax-free shop at London Gatwick airport, last one they had), but the mount is still missing. I'll still try to shoot some hs-video though and try to edit same.... :)

I may come back to you and ask for more advice, and I shall definately watch this space as I move on.

I am also trying to think of a "switch" that can activate the camera from far or via the trigger. Any ideas ?

Cheers....... :smex:

:)

• 3 недели спустя...

Yesterday, I received my new Hawke Sidewinder. It's everything I expected (including the weight).

I've never felt more "set" than I do right now. My Matador + this Hawke is a lethal hunting rig.

The Hawke does a few things better than my Leapers Accushot. The glass is better. The reticle is

thinner. The mildots are true at 20x (I really like this), and there are 1/2 dots. And the AO

"locks" in better.

Here they are next to each other:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/unirdna/P1020085.jpg

Here's a 10-shot group @ 100 yards using 3.5 mildot holdover at 20X. If it weren't for the light

and variable cross wind, this group would have been insane. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/unirdna/P1020111.jpg

And here is the youtube video - initial thoughts and comparison to my Leapers...followed by some

holdover shooting of shotgun shells.

I've uploaded another video. This one is a hunting video, so if you disapprove of hunting pest species, please do not watch it.

For all other - enjoy! :rolleyes:

Great video! Thanks for that! :rofl:

On most of distant shots you can see the actual pellet flying towards the target.

About 2 years ago I did a frame-by-frame video capture here http://edgun.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1697

That were Moscow crows at about 50-60 meters.

THIS is why I opted for the Hawke Sidewinder 30 Scope (6.5-20X)

The monster reticle on this scope allows me to use mil dots all the way out to 150 yards at 20X power. That's 20x, not 10x, guys! This is exactly what I wanted, and the primary reason I bought this scope (besides the good glass, micro-slim reticle, and solid construction). Yes, it's heavy at 26 ounces. But, I can accept that, if I don't have to adjust the turret knob. I'm a hunter and so is my Edgun. We don't like "clicking" when we see a crow at 100+ yards.

Take a look at me plinking cans of beer at 30-150 yards without any turret adjustments.

(note: The video just finished uploading; it may take a little time for HD to be available)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/unirdna/sizedP1020149.jpg

I've uploaded another video. This one is a hunting video, so if you disapprove of hunting pest species, please do not watch it.

For all other - enjoy! :)

why do you shoot every bird that you see?

The video says "Hunting" in the title. Do you think my viewers would enjoy a hunting video with no hunting?

I don't shoot every bird that I see. I only show the viewers the birds that I DO shoot.

Many many birds I did not shoot. But, you did not see those.

Do you disapprove of the video?

If so, why do you not follow instructions?

"If you disapprove of hunting pest species, please do not watch it"

Looks like AASkipp has arrived here too just to complain....

Some people just look for a reason to tell you their negative opinion....

Maybe derganiy will post a video of himself walking through the woods

bird watching with his scope....

I don't shoot every bird that I see. I only show the viewers the birds that I DO shoot.

Your video and shooting are very quality.

But at us it is considered that the sparrow doesn't harm.

The good hunter kills only harmful animals or that them to eat.

Your video and shooting are very quality.

You never know what is considered as a good target or not on the other side of the Earth. So I think that it is not correct to point to the thing you are not aware of.

Thank you for the compliment re: the video.

And I agree with your sentiments! Those birds that were killed in the video are harmful.

All are originally from Europe, and none are protected by my government.

They spread disease to the animals (goats) on the farm.

They also harm native and beneficial birds (such as bluebirds and purple martins).

I am not an irresponsible shooter. A small amount of research would show that.

If we are in agreement, why do I have to explain myself so much? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

House Sparrows are often a nuisance in urban areas like manufacturing and food processing plants. Gutters and drainage pipes clogged with sparrow nests can backup and cause extensive water damage and fires have been attributed to electrical shorts caused by machinery housing sparrow nests. Lastly, feces buildup can lead to structural damage from the uric acid in droppings, plus the bacteria, fungal agents and parasites in the feces also pose a health risk.

In grain storage facilities, fecal contamination probably results in as much monetary loss as does the actual consumption of grain. House sparrow droppings and feathers create janitorial problems as well as hazardous, unsanitary, and odoriferous situations inside and outside of buildings and sidewalks under roosting areas. Damage can also be caused by the pecking of rigid foam insulation inside buildings. The bulky, flammable nests of house sparrows are a potential fire hazard.

Sparrows can be an extreme nuisance for homeowners. The chattering of the flock on a roost is an annoyance to nearby human residents. Nestlings are primarily fed insects, some of which are beneficial and some harmful to humans. Adult house sparrows compete with native, insectivorous birds. Martins and bluebirds, in particular, have been crowded out by aggressive sparrows that drive them away and destroy their eggs and young. House sparrows generally compete with native species for favored nest sites. Bluebirds are nearly non-existent in the U.S. due to house sparrows.

You never know what is considered as a good target or not on the other side of the Earth. So I think that it is not correct to point to the thing you are not aware of.

You are a philosopher :)

But I need a reason for murder. Possibility to shoot - not a reason.

P.S.

I believe that sparrows harm to Ted :)

I am not an irresponsible shooter. A small amount of research would show that.

If we are in agreement, why do I have to explain myself so much? :)

Don't worry about it. Shoot new videos, please. I like to look them.

FUI sparrows are considered to be pests in the US.

http://www.birdbusters.com/bird_pest.html

The video says "Hunting" in the title. Do you think my viewers would enjoy a hunting video with no hunting?

Do you disapprove of the video?

If so, why do you not follow instructions?

"If you disapprove of hunting pest species, please do not watch it"

in the U.S. certainly are pests and sparrows, and egrets or something similar and how I was pleased to shoot the homeless ...

in my understanding of hunting is the taking of game with tricks and skills, and shooting sparrows is genocide;)

so I'm not against shooting at live targets, but I think the goal should be worthy of the Arrow

derganiy I think maybe you have no animals to protect,..... Most humans can protect themselves but, the pest birds cause disease and kill farm animals which cost plenty rubels.... I am sure if the bird costing you money you also would dispatch them when the chance is at hand... You only have this opinion because it cost you nothing for the birds to drop feces on your home...

in the U.S. certainly are pests and sparrows, and egrets or something similar and how I was pleased to shoot the homeless ...

in my understanding of hunting is the taking of game with tricks and skills, and shooting sparrows is genocide;)

so I'm not against shooting at live targets, but I think the goal should be worthy of the Arrow

Don't worry, Vladimir! Possibly, you, living in Moscow, can't see many sparrows in stone jungles, but in America sparrows have an European origin and they are living in conditions of absence of natural enemies. Usually this situation lead to blow-up of abundance - remember problem with Colorado potato beetle in Russia what present thime have no respectable solution. Finely, I want to mark that sparrows in soup are excellent. In my long-run juvenility I, having my first air rifle, often hunting sparrows on collective farm fields with any success and then my grandmother prepare a good eating for me.

Don't worry, Vladimir! Possibly, you, living in Moscow, can't see many sparrows in stone jungles, but in America sparrows have an European origin and they are living in conditions of absence of natural enemies. Usually this situation lead to blow-up of abundance - remember problem with Colorado potato beetle in Russia what present thime have no respectable solution. Finely, I want to mark that sparrows in soup are excellent. In my long-run juvenility I, having my first air rifle, often hunting sparrows on collective farm fields with any success and then my grandmother prepare a good eating for me.

that is, the sparrows in the states is like our jackdaws?

but in the video that I was somewhat jarred shooting not only sparrows and even then any other bird species. and so the video reminded boasting of our "bespredelschik" who shoot at everything that they see

Создайте аккаунт или авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Комментарии могут оставлять только зарегистрированные пользователи

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это несложно!

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт

Войти

Есть аккаунт? Войти.

Войти

• Создать...